Rev. Dr. Rufus Copeland, Pastor
Years in the Ministry:
Licensed February 1981. Ordained to ministry July 1984. Thirty-six year pastorate at Gardner Grove Baptist Church.
Diploma in Theology 1994; Associate of Theology 1996; Bachelor of Theology 1998; Master of Theology Degree 2003; Master of Divinity 2005. Doctor of Ministry 2006. From Christian Life School of Theology. (Beacon University).
Components of Ministry (inside & outside of church)
- Pastor Copeland has provided the Shepherd style leadership modeled by Jesus to GGBC for 36 years. He labors to build God’s Church by building God’s people in Truth and Love. His passion is to share the Word of God on Sunday, and that WORD works on Monday and throughout the week. “There is great joy in sharing God’s life changing truth that results in a change of character. This allows Kingdom Principles to rule the hearts of men and women.”
Other components include:
- He served as a volunteer Hospice Chaplain. Presents Grief Workshop, “Journey to Restoration and Wholeness.” Conducts Marriage and Family Workshop, “A Happy Family is quite a thing to see.” He is a charter member with Optimist International.
- To equip the Body of Christ to walk victorious on a day-by- day basis.
- To teach The “God” of the Bible and the ministry of His Son, Jesus Christ to all believers.
- Promote growth of the individual through teaching, fellowship, worship and prayer.
- To meet the increasing demands of a growing church and establishing a Healing Hurting/Broken Hearts Ministry.
- He married his high school sweetheart; the lovely Sarah Reynolds on June 20, 1976 and they are the proud parents of three young adults. For the past 40+ years Augusta has been their home.
Romans 1:16 ~ For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes.